Cynical Banter: Jaded By The Socially Inept
Friday, August 18, 2006
  The Loss of Hearing and Inability to Carry a Conversation...
From the moment I was old enough to enter the secret world of 'drinking establishments' and 'clubs' I noticed something in the majority of these places. They obviously play music, that's no secret and it's ALWAYS enjoyable to hear your favourite Usher or Black Eyed Peas song playing while you consume large amounts of your favourite liquor. But why must we be deafened by the volume of these sound systems? Often I would wake up groggy in the morning and realize there was a strange constant buzzing in my ear. Sometimes I'd even leave the club and hear a humming in my head. What was this? Was God trying to tell me something? Perhaps
"You've just lost 1/8th of your hearing"!!! Once in a while I'd almost LIKE to hear that the music was played TOO quietly!! Then I could tell the DJ "turn that shit up mr.dj". Maybe I wouldn't have the hearing problems I suffer with today. Right there along with the loss of hearing I also find it quite irritating to attempt to talk to people when the music is louder than a fucking plane landing. I find myself saying "What?" or "huh?" quite often. Then the drunk person has to come closer to my ear and I get to smell their delicious beer breath which isn't the greatest thing in the world. I'm not a huge fan of drunk people(especially ones I don't know) right in my face, but I can't hear them otherwise(not that they are saying anything astounding)

Karaoke nights are nights that the sound system should perhaps be turned down significantly, I mean not EVERYONE singing is the next Kelly Clarkson/Clay Aitken. I don't need to hear a 40 year old slaughter K.D Langs - Constant Craving at a high volume. That shit can be turned down!! I need to go rest my pulsating eardrums now.
 
Comments:
WHAAAAAAT?????

COME....CLOSER...*hick*...BABY I CAN'T HEAR....YOU.....

*Passes out on a bar stool*



'The' Doctor
"gotta love a drunkard"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nanaimo, Canada

We are intelligent and cool.

ARCHIVES
August 2006 / September 2006 /


Powered by Blogger

www.coolcounters.net